3 mail servers on one domain

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Sep 7 23:43:33 UTC 1999

>   I have 3 unix machines each one has different users than the other ..
> The problem is that I want all the users on the 3 machines to receive
> their mails as   username at mydomain     .. so how can I configure the mx
> in my  DNS machine. Shall I put the 3 machines in the mx record in my
> DNS .... or how can I manage such thing?

It is very important to understand this.

ANY ONE machine that you give as an "MX" should be able to handle ALL
e-mail addresses in your domain.

It is a 'sendmail' function, to figure out how to get them where you
want them, once all mail arrives at any one of the mail exchanger
machines.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B