named talking to rootserver while startup

Frank Luzat luzat at gmx.de
Wed Sep 8 17:29:46 UTC 1999

Hi!

I only know the absolute minimum about DNS and figured it out to setup
named on my local mini-lan (1 Router and 1 Client with Win95 running).
On my Linuxbox (SuSE 6.1 Kernel 2.2.7) I run named as a caching
nameserver to cache DNS lookups which netscape runs with every start of
the mailclient.
My problem is that named wants to talk to a rootserver when it gets
started, so with every reboot of my linuxbox my dial-on-demand line gets
opened because named wants to contact its rootserver.
Is there anything I can do to handle this problem?

Any help would be appreciated!

--
Frank Luzat
Die Magister Homepage: http://magister.cjb.net