Very primary questions?

rpgista at my-deja.com rpgista at my-deja.com
Fri Sep 10 14:00:05 UTC 1999

I am an (unexperienced) webmaster and such are my doubts:

1)I have the www.vipline.com domain. My company is now developing a web
business site and I have to offer our clients some sort of
http://clientname.vipline.com domain (nowadays, I can only get my
clients a www.vipline.com/clientname URL...) I guess that's not done
through DNS. Is that a server feature? I use the Apache server under
Linux, but I couldn't find something to help me doing such thing using
it.

2)Subscribing to a local magazine, I have received a reply message
posted to the newreader at vipline.com address - but such thing DOES NOT
exist! It has, though, successfully come to my marcio at vipline.com
address. I tried sending this newreader at vipline.com a message, but I
got a DNS error - i.e. it doesn't really exists...

I'd be very grateful if some aid could be given. Best regards.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/