Named not listening on virtual interfaces...

stephen at webadmins.com stephen at webadmins.com
Mon Sep 13 03:55:00 UTC 1999

Hey guys,

I'm admin'ing a webserver with a class C assigned to it. That leaves me
with one physical interface with 252 virtual interfaces (eth0:0-251).
I'm using the 'listen-on' substatement to have named bind to port 53 on
each of the virtual nameservers (about 9 of them).

The syntax appears correct, there are no errors in the logs, and service
appears to be working fine... except named won't bind to more than 5 of
the virtual interfaces...

I'm on an x86 machine running RH6 with Bind 8.x. Any suggestions?

TIA,

Stephen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/