Bind 8.2.1 for HPUX 10.10 ???

Blair Porter bp3434 at tstdns4.sbc.com
Tue Sep 14 18:32:36 UTC 1999

Yes, I have tried compiling, several times.  I am getting errors that
refer to u_int16_t and u_int32_t data definition type or storage class
errors.  I have other HP-UX 10.20 systems that Bind 8.2.1 compiles on
just fine.  Even so, I'd really, really like to get it compiled for 10.10,
if at all possible...

>     Blair> Sorry if this has been addressed previously, but I've
>     Blair> looked everywhere with no success.  Does anyone have info
>     Blair> regarding Bind 8.2.1 compilation for HP-UX 10.10?
>
> There is a directory hpux10 in the port directory of the source tree,
> so I would expect that BIND8 should just compile. Have you tried? I
> don't recall anyone here saying that it didn't work. Even H-P won't
> have screwed things up so bad that their OS can't be used to compile a
> program written in ANSI C. At least I hope not...

  Blair Porter - Senior Network Manager		801 Chestnut  9-8-D15
  Network Services Support			St. Louis, MO  63101
  Information Technology     			Work: (314) 235-3419
  Southwestern Bell				FAX:  (314) 340-0992
  E-mail: bp3434 at swrunr.sbc.com
	THE RACE GOES TO THOSE WHO KEEP ON RUNNING...