not authoratative for ... ?

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Sep 15 19:39:03 UTC 1999

> I am having the same problem, and I cannot find any typos in my db files.  I
> am attaching the zone file for one of my domains, maybe someone here can
> spot an error that I am not noticing.  The system this master is running on
> is Mandrake Linux 6.0 (kernel 2.2.9mdk27), with bind 8.2
>
>    Garrick Strom
>    gstrom at terracomm-inc.com
> begin 666 db.terracomm-inc

Curious: why uuencode a perfectly good ASCII text file?  Takes more
space.

Your problem:
can't have a CNAME record and any other records - such as your SOA, NS,
and MX records.  You could, however, have an A record to that host's IP
address.

You also didn't read your 'syslog' output, which said the same thing
more tersely.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B