not authoratative for ... ?

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Sep 15 21:06:55 UTC 1999

> so would
> terracomm-inc.com. IN A 209.181.43.186
> be a solution to this?

It would.  If this is all you're using it for, a better solution would
just be to have the correct "MX" record [which I think you had], and
tell your 'sendmail' to accept mail to your domain.  It's even easier
with Sendmail V8 than it used to be.

> My apologies on the uuencoding, I figured that pasting it directly in my
> message would mess up the format.

And I apologize - I had forgotten that some misanthropic mail programs
do just exactly that.  Your 'uunecode'ing would, of course, nullify
that.  My solution is to avoid such mail programs.

> And I have been reading the usenet group for about a month now, since I got
> put in charge of doing the DNS for our domain names.  I must have missed
> other similar threads of this same subject. :(
>
>    Garrick Strom
>    gstrom at terracomm-inc.com

I just went back through several message threads on this subject, and
it isn't always at all obvious going in that the end result will be a
misused "CNAME".  Sometimes, it wasn't all that obvious coming out.
;-)

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B