not authoritative for my domain

Marty Enerson menerso at fallon.com
Wed Sep 15 21:02:56 UTC 1999

I have two internal DNS servers running BIND 8.  One is authoritative
for fallon.com and one is authoritative for fallon-ny.com.  They are
secondaries for each other.  I recently got this error on the secondary
server for fallon.com when it tries to transfer the fallon.com zone
file.

15:48:48 ns2 named-xfer[523]: [192.168.22.22] not authoritative for
fallon.com, SOA query got rcode 0, aa 0, ancount 1, aucount 0

I don't get any errors on the fallon.com DNS when I reload, I have the
NS records, I have current zone files.

Anytime I do a nslookup on my fallon.com DNS for fallon.com entries, it
comes back with the answer but  Non-authoritative.  For some reason my
DNS doesn't think that the fallon.com zone is authoritative.  Any ideas
why?

Thanks
Marty Enerson

-- Type: text/x-vcard