slave

bind at col7.metta.lk bind at col7.metta.lk
Wed Sep 15 18:06:16 UTC 1999

Hi all,

I would like to set up my DNS server metta.lk
as a secondary DNS for my ISP tradenetsl.lk

I have put a zone file for tradenetsl.lk in my

/etc/named.conf
---------------
zone "tradenetsl.lk"{
        type slave;
        file "sec/tradenetsl.lk";
        masters{
                204.143.107.34;
        };
};
---------------

The server draws the zone detail into a file in
/var/named/sec/tradenetsl.lk

Forgive me for the perhaps stupid question.

Is that all _I_ have to do on _my_ machine
for my server to be a Secondary DNS for them ?

I know if you do a "dig" on the 2 machines that there are problems to be
settled, but that I do not like to bother you with at present.

This is my setup
  	Internet

 	Router   204.143.107.33

 	dhamma.metta.lk 			server1.tradenetsl.lk
	204.143.107.46				204.143.107.34
 	  DNS					DNS

Thanks
Jacob