backup dns for granitecanyon

Rodney Joffe rjoffe at centergate.com
Sat Sep 18 21:30:28 UTC 1999

Bill Manning wrote:

> > So one can use UltraDNS's services today?
> >
> > Matt

> Yes, under controlled conditions. (e.g. you have to participate in their beta)
> I understand its nearly "soup", ready for general consumption soon.

I guess 'soon' has come. Quiet geek beta available at
http://beta.ultradns.net. Advanced features not turned on for the beta
(geographic responses, load balancing, custom RR, source ip based

The beta is limited to small 'personal' type domains/zones - limits
spelled out in the signup.

Currently about 10 servers located around the net in this beta group.

Santa Clara
San Jose
Chicago
Phoenix
New York
Seattle
Washington DC
London
Tokyo

all answering to ns1.ultradns.net or 204.69.234.1 and
                 ns2.ultradns.net or 204.69.234.2

The deal is you have to agree to provide feedback :-)

We'd particularly like feedback on messages indicating incompatibility
with bind.

--
Rodney Joffe
CenterGate Research Group, LLC.