FAQ URL?

Kevin Hine kwh at human-systems.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 20 18:26:42 UTC 1999

Folks,

I'm new to named configuration, and while I'm reading this group
intently, I find the queries that I wish to ask about my self tutoring
are ones which I expect are those already answered in a FAQ and straight
forward 'how to' descriptions.

I do have Bind&DNS (3rd edition) on order, but it has not come in yet.
So I don't even know what its examples cover?

Could somebody recommend some sources of info please?

For my intital learning endeavour I'm working towards buiding a
configuration around a 192.168.0 domain that is defined by a
'human-systems' zone, which is isolated.  Then I'll extend name
resolution through my ISP's name servers, but only when a dialer
establishes a PPP connection, I hope I'll be able to do that by using ndc
reload or restart, and placing the ISP's name servers within the 'type
hints' file.

But like most learning endeavours something are working and some aren't
<sigh>.

Does the Bind&DNS have some pertient examples?

TIA.

Regards,

Kevin.