Problems after upgrade from 8.1.2 to 8.2.1 (8.2.2-T3B)

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Tue Sep 21 13:14:29 UTC 1999

   From: Andrew J Cole <A.J.Cole at cbl.leeds.ac.uk>
   Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 12:29:33 +0100 (BST)

   However our inability to lookup bc-bucharest.bcouncil.org without first
   caching bcouncil.org remains.  One thing I unfortunately neglected to
   include in my original message was the log from any failed lookup of
   bc-bucharest.bcouncil.org ...

   Sep 21 12:17:32 cblslca named[27148]: ns_resp: query(bc-bucharest.bcouncil.org) Glue A RR missing (NS1.TRINITE.CO.UK:)
   Sep 21 12:17:32 cblslca named[27148]: ns_resp: query(bc-bucharest.bcouncil.org) No possible A RRs

   this is against their unchanged entries.

The missing glue record is specifically referring to the CNAME problem I
pointed out.

The other thing they need to do is list all the secondary servers in the NS
records for their domain.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com