bind 8.2.1

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Fri Sep 24 18:36:47 UTC 1999

   From: Skip Montanaro <skip at mojam.com>
   Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 13:30:58 -0500 (CDT)

   I don't think it's reasonable to expect everyone running bind to be up on
   all the latest nuances in the relevant RFCs.  This was a particularly subtle
   change.

I don't expect them to be up on all the nuances.  I expect them to take the
iniative to see if someone has already asked the question before.

This isn't comp.unix.questions, where most of the questions are from
computer newbies who don't know any better.  Someone posting a question in
this group is most likely a network administrator, who should know how to
make use of Internet resources to find answers to common questions.  But I
guess I'm wrong, because this particular question gets asked 2-3 times a
week in this group.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com