not updating

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Sep 28 00:46:32 UTC 1999

Offhand, the config files look fine to me.

The "tmpfile" error indicates that the mkstemp() library routine is failing
on your system. Do you have some strange permissions on your named-xfer
binary, by any chance (so that it can't write the temp file)? Are you out
of space in the file system? Out of inodes? Look for something like that.

The TTL error on the master is probably just the ubiquitous "missing $TTL
directive" error, which is new as of BIND 8.2.1. Check recent archives of
this newsgroup for the fix (short answer: put a $TTL directive followed by
a number representing your desired default TTL value at the top of all your
master files).

- Kevin