Have to allow AXFR from oldns3.granitecanyon.com? Was-Re: soa.granitecanyon.com down?

Paul Gardiner paul at wss.co.uk
Mon Sep 27 16:52:57 UTC 1999

In article <7s3s2c$drb$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, <URL:mailto:kcary at my-deja.com>
wrote:
> As an aside, their news service is down for lack of hardware. This seems to
> limit support (and password resets) as that was supposed to happen through
> the community in the newsgroups.
>
> There is an appeal on the website for hardware; I'm sure they don't want
> to email their RP for the thousands of domains they serve in direct
> appeal. I remember when the info-mac list appealed for harware to host
> the archives...response was pretty quick. Too bad there isn't a similar
> push mechanism in place here.
>
> If anyone from granitecanyon or their friends reads this--a few thoughts:
> -Commercially supported, but reliable, what about a deja hosted newsgroup
> dedicated to password-reset and help for granitecanyon?
> -What about establishing an opt-in status update listserv, perhaps hosted
> by a volunteer, which would send minimally some monthly stats, but also,
> as needed, status changes. Put the appeal for news hardware in the .sig.

If most of the people who use granitecanyon were to pay $10 a year, there
wouldn't be a problem, and I'm sure a lot of people would be willing.
Trouble is, just sending them $10 in the hope that everybody else will
spontaneously have the same thought seems like a waste of time.  Any ideas?

Cheers,
	Paul.