named-bootconf

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Sep 29 23:23:24 UTC 1999

> Upgraded to 8.2.1 from source (from ftp.isc.org) and everything compiled
> great on an my trusty/reliable 2.2.8 FreeBSD box. After reading every
> cotton pickin :) message I could get my hands (eyes) on all day, I
> understand that all that is left to do is to make sure that I have a
> proper $TTL directive in my zone files (I'm assuming in the RARP file as
> well)   -  and RUN named-bootconf!?! How the heck do ya do that? There's
> no man page, there's no usage string associated with the script, nothing
> to tell me any arguments to be given?! Do I just make sure that I'm in
> the /etc/named directory and run /usr/sbin/named-bootconf? If so, it'll
> sit there waiting for some input 'till the cows come home - oh they're
> back already :)
>
> Anyway - I'm trying to get this accomplished so I can get to installing
> DHCP for all the Win 9X boxen this weekend. Any help would be
> appreciated...
>
> -- jb
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>    J.B. LaRue - Info. Tech. Mgr.
>         jb.larue at mila.com
>  888-240-4347[ph] 425-672-6381[fx]
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When all else fails, read the manual entry!  Reproduced here in its
entirety.

NAMED-BOOTCONF(8)         BSD System Manager's Manual        NAMED-BOOTCONF(8)

NAME
     named-bootconf - convert name server configuration files

SYNOPSIS
     named-bootconf

DESCRIPTION
     named-bootconf converts named configuration files from BIND 4 format to
     BIND 8 format.

EXAMPLES
     named-bootconf < named.boot > named.conf

BUGS
     Comments from the source file will not always appear at the appropriate
     place in the target file.

SEE ALSO
     named(8),  named.conf(5)

 NetBSD                        November 19, 1998                             1

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B