named dies on PPP up/down

Matt Roberts mattro at grda.com
Wed Sep 29 23:20:01 UTC 1999

I am using PPP via modem to connect to the Internet.  I use bind-8.2.1 on a Linux box.  I also have a LAN subnet defined.  I have primary zones for the LAN, plus forwarding configured for other names.  When the PPP session comes up, everything works fine.  I use 127.0.0.1 for name resolution, and it works.  When the PPP line comes down, it still works for local addresses, as it should.  When I bring PPP back up, named will not forward any requests to the forwarders listed.  If I do "ndc restart," it works again.

Any thoughts?  Thanks for any such thoughts. :)

Matt