newbie question with bind 4.9.5(NT)

greg bates webmaster at gregbates.com
Sat Apr 1 05:03:41 UTC 2000

I feel stupid asking this question, because i'm sure the answer is staring
me in the face somewhere...BUT
I have a second computer (win98) and I want the Nameserver to resolve the
address to the NAME
lets call it computer2.gregbates.com    (AT the computer it understands the
address.....other computers dont)
What kind of record (A,PTR,SOA) and which FILE (db.gregbates.com.db or
db.zoneinfo)
So far ive just copied/pasted new names...and it has worked...but ive never
added a second computer to the domain

thanks ,
GREG BATES, MCP

$ORIGIN com.
gregbates   IN SOA  server3.gregbates.com.  sysop.gregbates.com. (
 2000040513 ; serial number
 10800  ; refresh 3 hours
 3600  ; Retry 1 hour
 604800  ; Expire after 1 day
 86400  ; TTL 1 day
 )

;  Nameservers
gregbates  IN NS  server3.gregbates.com.
  IN NS  server2.gregbates.com.

;
gregbates  IN A  4.3.81.132

  IN MX  10 mail.gregbates.com.