DNS Server behind another DNS Server?

Iván Díaz ivan at linux-pr.com
Sun Apr 2 17:26:00 UTC 2000

Hy everyone!!.

This is the first time that I work with a DNS Server.

So, because that I have some question!!

For example,
I have some server(colocation) on some ISP.  My domain is proyecto.com...
within that server I have a mail server, web server, database server every
thing that I need for my proyect.

At the proyect I need to give to my clients some sub domains, like
client.proyect.com......  I know that for that you need put some alias at
the dns server, in this case the isp dns server,,, there is the posibility
to run another dns server behind the dns server of the isp, because I don't
think that they will be adding some aliases to their dns server every time
that I ask for.. I want to run my own dns server, because if I run it I can
add all the sub -domains that I need for my proyect..  all of that subdomain
will point to the same ip.

Remember I'm newbe

Iván Díaz
http://www.linux-pr.com