Overriding a couple of entries

Berend Ozceri berend at growthnetworks.com
Tue Apr 4 02:23:18 UTC 2000

I have a seemingly easy problem, but I have been unable to dig up enough
documentation to direct me in the right direction. I would like to change
the configuration of our DNS server a little bit to have it also
authoritatively respond (internally only) for a couple of host names in a
different domain. I'd like all other names within that other domain to be
queried upstream as normal.

For example, let's say the other domain is foo.com. I'd like to set-up a
couple of static mappings like:

machine1.foo.com -> 192.168.1.140
machine2.foo.com -> 192.168.1.141
machine3.foo.com -> 192.168.1.142

such that those couple of machines resolve locally (they are kind of
mirrored) to our internal network, but I want everything else that is
*.foo.com to be forwarded up the normal chain of lookups.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Berend