Not reading changes to named.conf

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at bart.nl
Wed Apr 5 13:39:25 UTC 2000

-On [20000405 12:35], Rian Kruger (rian at purplelemon.net) wrote:
>We had a domain that just stopped working, it appeared to be DNS, I
>reset up the entire domain and it started working again. However another
>of our domains has stopped working (anchorit.co.uk)
>
>The problem is definitely DNS related as I am unable to get a reply when
>I use nslookup or dig.
>
>It's not a configuration file problem as I used the exact same config as
>the rest of the domains.

Considered doing something like:

named.reload && tail -F /var/log/messages (or /var/adm/messages) after
you change the named.conf configuration file?

trust me, most of the time it will be pretty self-explanatory and
enlightening.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<asmodai at bart.nl>                      VIA NET.WORKS The Netherlands