some newbie questions

Rinaldi Ariesta R orin at powerlearn.ee.itb.ac.id
Thu Apr 6 06:04:36 UTC 2000

I am running BIND 8.2.2.P5 under FreeBSD 3.3

I received a message 'Server IS NOT loading its configuration' when i ran
'ndc status'. What configuration is meant by that message ? Is it the
named.conf file ? I tried to start named with '/usr/sbin/named -b
/etc/named.conf to get the file, but it resulted the same way.

I read in BIND FAQ that we need to add command line $TTL xxxx to set the
default TTL for a zone at BIND 8.2.x. Where do i have to put the line ? do
i have to put it in every zone files i have ?

My last question, how do we set the configuration of ndc ? I tried to used
the command 'ndc restart' , but it only kill the named process, not
restarting it again.

Thanks a lot for the consideration

Rinaldi AR

Bandung Institute of Technology