Trouble upgrading - 8.1.2 to 8.2.2-P5

Nuno Cristelo cristelo at ipp.pt
Thu Apr 6 09:47:48 UTC 2000

Hi,

I am having some problems upgrading from 8.1.2 to 8.2.2-P5. The idea was to
let go of Ultrix and upgrade our name server to Linux.

Using debug level 2, I could find  that the server was reporting an error
message concerning every records with the keyword "HS".

The server reported also an error in every record containing "@"

Let me show you what I mean:

from file: networks.db

networks        HS      SOA     server.department.domain.pt.
postmaster.server.department.domain.pt. (1 300 60 1209600 43200 )

-----> The above is reported as an error

from file: hosts.db

@          IN      CNAME   galileo

-----> The above is reported as an error

Can anyone give an idea of what to do ? At least just a hit please....

Best regards,

--
Nuno Cristelo