host -l

Len Conrad lconrad at Go2France.com
Sun Apr 9 10:40:47 UTC 2000

>i already configured allow-transfer in general and it works great, it will
>not approve an AXFR from an unauthorize request but what i'm concern about
>is the command "host -l mydomain.com" ... how do i restrict to not output
>valuable domain data to unauthorize request ... and how do i log an action
>requesting for "host -l mydomain.com" in the mydomain.com holder itself ?

Michael,

 From a FreeBSD machine querying my main domain with allow-transfer
restrictions on all 4 of my nameservers:

# host -lvs meiway.com
Forcing `-t a' for signature trace.
rcode = 0 (Success), ancount=4
Found 1 addresses for as1.meiway.com
Found 1 addresses for ms1.meiway.com
Found 1 addresses for ns1.meiway.com
Found 1 addresses for ns2.meiway.com
Trying 212.73.210.81
Server failed, trying next server: Query refused
Trying 212.73.210.73
Server failed, trying next server: Query refused
Trying 212.73.210.69
Server failed, trying next server: Query refused
Trying 212.73.210.72
Server failed: Query refused

Do you have different results??

Len