another problem....

Brad bradk at aulink.net
Mon Apr 10 06:34:03 UTC 2000

When trying to run multiple copies of bind on the same machine I am getting
errors. I cp /etc/named.conf named.sec and then edited both files to make
them listen on seperate IP's. For named.sec I also made itas directory
/var/named/secondary, and change the zone files in named.sec to say slave
and listed their masters. I started the second instance of named with
/usr/sbin/named -c /etc/named.sec (eth0 is using aliasing and all IP's are
accesible from the net)
 I get an error in /var/log/messages
Apr 10 16:22:47 weapon named[1921]: ctl_server: bind: Address already in use
Apr 10 16:22:47 weapon named[1918]: ctl_writedone: /var/run/ndc: Broken pipe
Afetr that it is showing alot of approved AXFR. I gather that means it has
asked the master for the zone and it has approved and sent this. Although
when I check the directory I named for the second instance of named, the
zones are not there. So I have the broken pipe and writedone erros and also
there are no zone files in the secondary directory. Has anyone got any
suggestions?
 Thanx
 Brad