dns wont resolve outside domain

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Apr 10 23:56:43 UTC 2000

Wade Grant wrote:

> I have installed 4.9.4p1 and plan to upgrade to 8.2.2p5
> soon. The problem right now is that hosted domains will resolve find
> when the server is queried. Outside domains will not resolve.  I have
> the latest named.root.

Have you verified that you can actually resolve queries from Internet
nameservers, including the root servers? Sometimes there are firewall
rules and/or router filters which need to be tweaked. If your server is
configured to resolve Internet names directly, but can't, there should
be lots of indications of this in your logfiles. Take a look.