Newbie: Troubles with dns zone file

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Apr 11 17:04:00 UTC 2000

In article <TpII4.9813$FF6.219425 at zonnet-reader-1>,
InterIp Networks <Mkalkan at InterIP.nl> wrote:
>Hai
>
>I have some troubles with my primary nameserver ns1.interregister.com, al
>the domains that i make wil not updated by the secondary nameserver
>ns2.widexs.net. The gay's from widexs say's that my server have bad dns zone
>file's for the domain wich i have created . I'm using Redhat 6.1 kernel
>2.2.14

I don't see a problem with your domain.  When I query your server using dig
I get an authoritative answer, and an AXFR works fine.  You need to get
more information from widexs.net about why they can't transfer the zone.

tools:~#997% dig cadstore.nl axfr @ns1.interregister.com

; <<>> DiG 8.1 <<>> cadstore.nl axfr @ns1.interregister.com
; (1 server found)
$ORIGIN cadstore.nl.
@			1D IN SOA	ns1.interregister.com. hostmaster.interregister.com. (
					2000011101	; serial
					4H		; refresh
					1H		; retry
					1W		; expiry
					1D )		; minimum

			1D IN NS	ns1.interregister.com.
			1D IN NS	ns2.widexs.net.
			1D IN MX	10 mail
			1D IN A		212.204.219.71
mail			1D IN A		212.204.219.71
pop			1D IN CNAME	mail
*			1D IN A		212.204.219.71
ftp			1D IN A		212.204.219.71
localhost		1D IN A		127.0.0.1
www			1D IN A		212.204.219.71
@			1D IN SOA	ns1.interregister.com. hostmaster.interregister.com. (
					2000011101	; serial
					4H		; refresh
					1H		; retry
					1W		; expiry
					1D )		; minimum

;; Received 12 answers (12 records).
;; FROM: tools to SERVER: 212.204.219.61
;; WHEN: Tue Apr 11 12:59:49 2000

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA