Selective forwarding for reverse zones?

Treptow, Craig Treptow.Craig at principal.com
Tue Apr 11 17:08:36 UTC 2000

I'm sorry.  I negelected to mention that in between messages, I cleaned up the
config of the foobar.com server and DO have the PTR records in the
db.192.168.40 file.  Here it is:

# pg db.192.168.40
$TTL    3600
@       IN SOA  netmon4.foobar.com. treptow.craig.foobar.com. (
                2000041100  ; serial yyyy-mm-dd-serial
                10800       ; Refresh after 3 hours
                3600        ; Retry after 1 hour
                604800      ; Expire after 1 week
                21600 )     ; Minimum TTL of 6 hours

                IN      NS      netmon4.foobar.com.

201             IN      PTR     netmon4.foobar.com.
26              IN      PTR     craig.foobar.com.
#

It does work on the foobar.com server:

# nslookup craig
Server:  netmon4.foobar.com
Address:  192.168.40.201

Name:    craig.foobar.com
Address:  192.168.40.26

# nslookup 192.168.40.26
Server:  netmon4.foobar.com
Address:  192.168.40.201

Name:    craig.foobar.com
Address:  192.168.40.26

#

The other details are the same before, as is the behavior displayed on the
"nameserver1" machine