confused with NS

Michael Vincent K. Pozon - CompE vince at trinity.cebu.pilnet.com
Wed Apr 12 07:55:30 UTC 2000

well ,then is it OK if i'm not going to include the MASTER in the NS lists
?
so that clients queries are directed to the slaves instead of the master .
my point here is to minimize the bandwidth usage of the MASTER ( for axfr
to the slave only )

MASTER <-------> SLAVES <----------> internet

master-slave connection = axfr/notify to slave only
slave-internet connection = dns queries

so, is it safe not to include the master in the NS record or there's
another way around this ?
i know that eventhough the master is in the NS lists , queries are still
hit to the slaves because the slave will answer faster that the master
with regards of the location and delay. but i want the client not the
query the master even if the slaves timeout.