Domain Hosting as Slave

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Apr 12 14:38:10 UTC 2000

In article <Pine.LNX.4.21.0004121718220.14897-100000 at trinity.cebu.pilnet.com>,
Michael Vincent K. Pozon - CompE <vince at trinity.cebu.pilnet.com> wrote:

>hello pipol ,
>
>	is there a server out there that offers dns service as slave ?
>free ?

www.granitecanyon.com.  From the frequency of messages posted here
reporting difficulties, they appear to be worth every penny you pay for it
(although, admittedly, some of the problems are user error).

>      I like to have a slave server in which it has fast internet
>connection and can respond to dns query quickly.
>     The reason i'm looking for this is because my MASTER DNS server is
>located in an area such that our internet connection bandwidth is not that
>fast . I want to utilize our internet connection for WWW/FTP..etc traffic
>and limit DNS traffic only for zone transfer to the slave for updates and
>not DNS queries (i.e. clients queries a host address). does
>granitecanyon.com offer this service ?

They offer it, but I can't vouch for their performance.  But if you're
talking about replacing the *.pilnet.com servers, I think it will be an
improvement.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA