Manual DDNS updates

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Apr 12 22:59:52 UTC 2000

In article <E91E71568EB9D311828C0050DA7BC43A509C8E at wfi-exch-vbc.wfi.com>,
Mark Borghardt  <Mark.Borghardt at worldwidefiber.com> wrote:
>I am running ISC's DHCP and DNS and forgot the command I need to update the
>DNS files when running in Dynamic update mode.  I looked through the docs
>and for the life of me can't find the command.

I don't think you looked very hard, or you don't have the right docs.

Go to the Index of the DNS&BIND book, and look up "dynamic update".  It
refers you to p.231-233.  On page 232, the third line says, "However, it is
possible to create updates manually with the command-line program
nsupdate".

If you don't have this book, you don't have the docs.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA