MX record for mutliple domains

Amy Briggs thaleia67 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 13 17:39:38 UTC 2000

I wish to do the following and cannot seem to get it
to work.  Can anyone point me in the right direction
to get this setup properly?

I have a domain setup with DNS and my MX record
working properly for it.  I receive mail to my
mailhost for that domain (domain.com) just fine.  I
have now added two new domains ( domain.net and
domain.org) and would like to receive mail addressed
to those domains on the same mailhost.

I have my mailhost sendmail.cw configured to receive
mail for these two new domains and if I send mail on
the mailhost to a user at domain.net or org it will send
it properly, so it does except mail for the new
domains.  If I try to sendmail to user at domain.net or
org from another host on my net, it will fail giving
me configuration error "554 MX list for domain.net.
points back to mailhost.domain.com
554 <user at domain.net>... Local configuration error

I have my new domain MX record setup as follows:

domain.net     IN      MX      10
mailhost.domain.com

Any assistance, pointers, or tips you could give me
would be greatly appreciated.

Thaleia