External Resolution

Elsie Simonton elsiels at srttel.com
Fri Apr 14 21:49:48 UTC 2000

I did send out a second e-mail within about 5 minutes letting everybody know that I mistyped the name in the first one.  Yes, I know that I put in teachers-aid.com the first time.  It doesn't seem like the second one went through as well.  I do apologize for that.
It is hard to come in and be asked if you could find out what is wrong when you have never set up a domain and only know a small amount about DNS and so on.  I have learned a great deal today about how the system works.
Thank you to those that helped me out.

Elsie

In article <s8f74514.098 at mail.srttel.com>,
Elsie Simonton <elsiels at srttel.com> wrote:
>Did you check on the teacher-aide.com?
>The reason that I was using that is because this is the information I got =
>from internic.net for teacher-aide.com.
>Domain Name: TEACHER-AID.COM
>               Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
>               Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
>               Referral URL: www.networksolutions.com
>               Name Server: NS11.VWH1.NET
>               Name Server: NS10.VWH1.NET
>               Updated Date: 30-oct-1999
>
>I am learning DNS, did not set up this account but have been asked to see =
>what I can figure out since the other tech is gone. =20
>I was wrong in using that for the ndak.net.  It was a confusing issue =
>until I printed both InterNIC reports and say that ndak.net goes to a =
>different name server. =20
>Now I guess I need to find out why it is setup with that name server.

Your earlier message you posted said the domain was "teachers-aid.com".
This is what InterNIC says about that domain:

   Domain Name: TEACHERS-AID.COM
   Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
   Referral URL: www.networksolutions.com
   Name Server: NS1.PAWNEENET.COM
   Name Server: NS1.ROCKYMTN.NET
   Name Server: NS2.ROCKYMTN.NET
   Updated Date: 12-may-1998

As I said in my reply in the other thread, the pawneenet.com server isn't
responding, and the rockymtn.net servers don't have the domain loaded.

What is the actual domain name you're concerned with?  I've seen you spell
it three different ways: teacher-aide.com, teacher-aid.com, and
teachers-aid.com.

The problem with teacher-aid.com is that the vwh1.net servers that it's
registered to don't have the domain installed on them.  The NSI whois
server says this is the Zone contact, so you should check with them to find
out what's wrong:

   Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Verio Hostmaster  (VH175-ORG)  VerioHostmaster at TABNET.COM
      Verio, Inc
      5 Financial Plaza
      Napa , CA 94558
      US
      707-256-1999
      Fax- - 707-256-1997

And the problem with teacher-aide.com is that it's not registered at all.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA