Sending mail to a different host

Thor Kottelin thor at anta.net
Wed Apr 19 09:35:33 UTC 2000

BIND Users Mailing List wrote:

> From: "Rick Kossoris" <capd1 at yahoo.com>

> I have 2 domains and 1 name server.  I will call them a.com and b.com for
> this post.  I have the DNS setup for both hosts but I want the mail from
> b.com to go to a.com.  I have changed the mx record for b.com to the same as
> a.com and set the "IN  A" to the ip address of a.com, but I am not sure what
> else I need to do.

On the DNS, you need to have MX records pointing to hosts with A records,
and from what you're telling us, you have already done this. Of course
you'll also need to configure the relevant SMTP servers accordingly.

Thor

--
Plain old email is very insecure. Please make it
a little safer for yourself and me by using PGP.