BIND version

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Mon Apr 24 21:22:15 UTC 2000

On Mon, Apr 24, 2000 at 05:12:37PM -0400, Sears, Robert wrote:
> How can I tell what version of BIND I am running?

FAQ.

For more recent, unmodified versions:

'dig txt chaos version.bind @servername'
	or
'nslookup -type=txt -class=chaos version.bind servername'

It is possible to modify the output.  This is "security by obscurity"
and is no substitute for running the current version - either 8.2.2-P5
or 8.2.3-T4B, depending on whether you need the last couple of fixes.

For any version: look in your logs at the time the server starts.  ;-)

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B