Setting up full DNS on an intranet

Belluco, Giuseppe (Johannesburg) GBelluco at za.imshealth.com
Tue Apr 25 09:34:53 UTC 2000

Hello

I am trying to test something and I need to simulate two differnet domains
that can talk to each other.

I want to set up a primary dns server with the name test.domainA.co.za with
an IP of 192.168.0.1
Then I want to set up another Primary DNS Server with the name
test2.domainB.co.za with an IP of 192.168.0.2

If the test pc gets a dns query for test2 in domainB I want it to be able to
resolv it.
So I need the test.domainA.co.za pc and the test2.domainB.co.za server to
know about each other.
So if iam on the pc test and I type nslookup 192.168.0.2 it must connect
through to the test2 pc in domainB and resolv the request.

All this is only going to be set up on an intranet with no internet
connection.
I have also commented out the hints section on the named.conf file, because
we have no root servers. Is this correct?

Any help appreciated

Giuseppe