*Funky* DNS questions

Jon jonm.sportsmvp at com.spam.sux.my.butt.com
Thu Apr 27 18:20:01 UTC 2000

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about DNS, specifically BIND for Linux.

Is it possible to set up a SINGLE DNS server such that you get
different lookup results depending on your source IP address? In other
words, when machine A does a nslookup on funky.domain.com it gets an
internal IP address, and when machine B does a nslookup on the SAME
name, funky.domain.com it get's a different IP for a different server?

Second, if this is possible, and assuming I'm using a version of NAMED
that supports dynamic updates, can the changes for each machine be
dynamic (done without performing a reload on named)? I understand
there might be a performance hit, but it's not really important for
what I'm attempting to do.

If so, any hints on how to set this up? I've been checking on some
manuals but haven't found much... need like a DNS cookbook sorta thing
:)

Thanks,
Jon