non existent host/domain

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu Apr 27 21:17:40 UTC 2000

In article <20000427205151.E8A6F31909 at shell.nominum.com>,
Mark Andrews  <Mark.Andrews at nominum.com> wrote:
>> Why won't nslookup mammalia.org give me anything?
>
>	It has no nameservers.

The WHOIS entries are irrelevant, since he's doing his nslookups on a
client of the authoritative server for the domain.  Don't you remember that
in his original message he showed that "nslookup manatee.mammalia.org"
worked?  If he were using a caching server it would have the same problem
with the entire domain.

I've already posted several messages explaining the real reason, you're
just confusing the issue.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA