Wildcard domain resolving

Roger Marquis not-for-mail at roble.com
Sun Apr 30 16:18:20 UTC 2000

Barry Margolin <barmar at bbnplanet.com> wrote:
>You could use the same zonefile for every domain:
>zone "domain1.com" { type primary; file "common.db"; };
>zone "domain2.com" { type primary; file "common.db"; };

This will work for multiple domains but what about multiple hostnames?
Say you wanted to return the same IP for various hostnames:
www.domain.com, host2.domain.com, db.domain.com, ...  Wildcards
work for MX records but there seems to be no way of doing it for
A records.

--
Roger Marquis
Roble Systems Consulting