Named Launched during nightly cleanup on freebsd.

Klein, Christopher CKlein at s-3.com
Tue Aug 29 17:06:23 UTC 2000

Hello, I was wondering if someone could provide some help on this.  I
recently setup a freebsd server running the latest release of Named (bind).
Everything worked fine when I launched the bind process from the command
line.  However, since this is going to be a server, I needed to launch the
named process on boot.  Yesterday, I added a line to the /etc/rc.conf to
launch the named process.  Everything worked fine.  However, last night
around 1:59 am during the nightly cleanup, named launched again.  I killed
it when I saw the errors on the screen this morning.  I can't find where in
the cleanup routines, the rc files are being run.  named is the only daemon
running twice.  does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Chris Klein
ck1 at s-3.com