DNS resolver & Multiple Address Ranges

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Aug 29 22:58:57 UTC 2000

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "switch". Do you mean *alternate*
between the 2 entries? There was a "rotate" option in the resolver
library of 8.2 and above, which would enable that behavior, but I don't
think it was widely implemented, if at all, and it has disappeared from
BIND 9 (as of rc5).

Why don't you just run a caching server on the box?

Note that even if your box sends queries to different nameservers, it's
a matter of your OS'es routing configuration whether those packets will
go out different NICs or not.

- Kevin