bind vs djbdns

Benjamin Madsen ben.madsen at virtuallearn.com
Wed Aug 30 20:59:26 UTC 2000

Look, I don't want to start a flame campaing or anything, but this has to be
said...

<WARNING: RANT AHEAD>
The typical sysadmin has better things to do like spamming a mailing list
with a topic that has been asked to be discontinued? (See msg from 'Harold
Pritchett' dated today)

Look, your software might be great, and it might save a bunch of time.  The
fact is, however, that a lot of people use BIND and that it is easy enough
to get up and running.  For the most part, either package will do the job.
Quit trying to push your product based on the premise that it will save a
few minutes of somebody's time.  You have spent more time over the past few
days creating traffic on this mailing list arguing over tiny details of two
good ways to do the same thing, just because you want to get your product
some attention.

B.t.w. the users of this mailing list do not have a direct financial
interest in driving people into a support situation, nor do most sysadmins
that have much experience with the system need much support beyond that of a
mailing list of this sort, IMHO of course.
</WARNING>

-Ben