Auto adding zones to a slave server

Duncan Hill dhill at bajan.org
Wed Aug 30 23:29:59 UTC 2000

Where I work, we have the situation of an NT server running
Microsoft's DNS implementation being the master for the domain, and a
Linux box with BIND 8.2.2 as the slave.  I have been told that if both
were NT servers with MS's DNS, every time a new zone is added to the
master, the slave will automatically pick it up.

Is this part of the spec, and if so, how can I tell the slave Linux
box to pick up the new zones as they are added?  I've scanned the
cricket book a few times, and have not seen it mentioned.

--

Duncan Hill			Sapere aude
My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.