bind vs djbdns

David R. Conrad David.Conrad at nominum.com
Thu Aug 31 03:03:20 UTC 2000

Dan,

> Don't blame me for the BIND company's decision to stick to obsolete
> replication protocols. The rsync+openssh combination is not a secret.

Nor is it standardized like {A,I}XFR.

I have neither the time nor the interest to get into a point by point
rebuttal of your many spurious claims and obvious trolls.  Suffice it to
say that BIND at least attempts to work with and abide by IETF standards
whereas this does not appear to be a primary concern of yours.  Time
will presumably tell whether this is an important issue.

Rgds,
-drc