IP list for also-notify

Mordechai T. Abzug morty at sanctuary.arbutus.md.us
Thu Aug 31 22:24:49 UTC 2000

[Nameservers: bind 8.2.2P5 under Solaris 2.6.]

I have a bunch of zones that do also-notify and allow-transfer.  There
are clumps of identically configured zones, but not all zones are
identically configured (ie. I can't just throw everything in the main
options clause and have done with it.)

I can save myself a lot of aggravation for configuring allow-transfer
by using ACLs.  Unfortunately, ACLs don't work for also-notify (as
documented.)  I think this means one needs to manually configure the
list for also-notify each place it appears.  At least, that's what
I've been doing for the past couple of years.  Naturally, when I
recently reviewed my named.confs, I found that I've sometimes made
some mistakes. . .

Question: is there some way around this that I'm missing?  If not,
I've seen in the archives that other people have had this problem.
Are there plans to add an "ip-list" feature?  (Preferably, would also
work everywhere an ACL would work, even if an ACL doesn't work where
you need an ip-list.)  I've downloaded 9.0.0rc5, and didn't see
anything like this in the Bv9ARM.

--
                           Mordechai T. Abzug
mordechai at home.com    morty at sanctuary.arbutus.md.us      morty at umbc.edu