TTL errors

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Aug 3 22:22:30 UTC 2000

The last field of the SOA *isn't* the default TTL any more. See RFC 2308
for details.

If you want to get rid of the warning message, put a $TTL directive at the
top of your master file. See the documentation for its syntax. Or just
ignore it; in the absence of a $TTL directive, named will fall back to the
old behavior, i.e. use the last field of the SOA as the default TTL.

- Kevin