using procmail to alter a domain file...

Lee Howard faxguy at deanox.com
Fri Aug 4 20:40:45 UTC 2000

I have a linux system that is connected to the internet via a dial-up
connection and receives a dynamically assigned IP number.  Each time it
connects a script e-mails me the P-t-P line from ifconfig so that I can
know its IP number.

Is there a way that I can utilize this e-mail to adjust the domain file and
restart named?  The dialup connection stays up for several days at a time,
and it's nice to connect to it by name rather than looking up the IP number
each time.  So far I've been doing the domain updating by hand.

Thanks.

Lee Howard