IIS 4.0 Host Header

Vitor Colaco vitor.colaco at esdata.pt
Mon Aug 7 11:10:44 UTC 2000

Thomas Drought wrote:

> I seem to have pulled all of my hair out on this one.
>
> I am trying to implement the IIS 4 host header, where I have two websites in
> IIS. The first is the default site, WWW. The second, I changed to host
> header to answer to CYBERSTORE.
>
> In DNS, I have my A record pointing to the external WAN interface,
> CYBERSD00. CNames for WWW and CYBERSTORE point to CYBERSD00.
>
> My firewall/proxy translate CYBERSD00:80 to my webserver IP Address.
>
> I thought this would do it with DNS and IIS but when I type either WWW or
> CYBERSTORE, it directs me to the WWW website. Any suggestions? Also, how do
> I setup DNS to send me to the WWW website when I dont type WWW, like
> http://mystore.com?

Heyas,

have you defined in IIS definitions the requests each site is going to
answer? Try checking in the site properties the Host Header Names for
CIBERSTORE that it responds to CYBERSTORE.mystore.com in the defined
port (80)

About the response "without WWW" define a record pointing to origin
mystore.com, as in:

-------------------------
$origin mystore.com.

www		IN	CNAME	CYBERSD00
CYBERSTORE	IN	CNAME	CYBERSD00
@		IN	CNAME	CYBERSD00

and again define in the site's properties the response to mystore.com

Hope this helps,

--
Vitor Colaco		| "Larry Flynt was right. You all suck!"
Analista de Suporte	|