NT and Bind 8.2.2p5 Problem

Len Conrad lconrad at Go2France.com
Mon Aug 7 16:59:20 UTC 2000

>We loaded Bind 8.2.2p5 on our NT severs last week. The servers are
>slaved to a Unix box, also running 8.2.2p5. 2 of the 3 NT boxen will
>stop answering queries after about an hour. Nothing in the logs or event
>log.

see my logging statement on the config page and bugs in the NT port here in
the site of my sig.

If your NT BIND pb is the multiple-A record bug, then yes, BIND does stop
reponding with no errors in the log but the NT service it techically still
running. The solution on my bugs page works well for me and others who run
it.

Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com: ISC BIND 8.2.2 p5  installable binary for NT4
http://IMGate.MEIway.com:  Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways