ldap a reserved word? (attempt #2)

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Wed Aug 9 01:12:25 UTC 2000

> Sorry, the attachment didn't work from mutt.  We'll try again with a little
> cut-n-paste...
>
> Is ldap a reserved word?  This zone won't load unless I remove the very last
> entry (ldap.emt.idvsports.com) at the bottom...???

	No ldap is not a reserved word.  Read the error message.

Implicit $ORIGIN idvsports.com.
	[snip]
> ldap.emt                IN      A       208.25.106.93
	[snip]
> $ORIGIN emt.idvsports.com.
	[snip]
> ldap		IN	CNAME		emt.idvsports.com..

	Now that the offending records have been brought close together
	you should be able to see why the error is reported.

	The CNAME line says that ldap.emt.idvsports.com is an "alias"
	for emt.idvsports.com however you also saying that it is a
	"real" entity with the A record.  It can be one or the other but
	not both.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.